THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Research Associate will plan, contribute to experimental design, execute experiments, and analyze data with only high-level guidance and deliver reports according to deadlines. The Research Associate is expected to lead the production of high-level data summaries upon project completion that effectively and concisely communicate relevant findings for the study. The Research Associate will also assist with other IVD Assay Development activities as needed. Daily activities include but not limited to optimization of protocols, assistance in QC, QA report filing, and equipment maintenance. The position is expected to keep detailed experimental records and communicate data to supervisors and peers.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Plan, execute, and analyze experiments in molecular biology laboratory setting.
- Interpret large amount of scientific results and provide recommendations for moving forward
- Consolidate and communicate results to scientists, project leaders, or customers
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date lab notebooks.
- Maintain clinical sample and reagent inventories.
- High degree of attention to details is expected in record keeping
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 0-3+ years of Molecular Biology laboratory experience
- Proficiency with common Molecular Biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation, RT-PCR, gel electrophoresis etc. is required
- Hands-on experience in additional molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry laboratory techniques is preferred
- Familiarity with electronic lab notebook maintenance and record keeping is highly desired
- Experience in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry settings is preferred
- Demonstrated scientific problem solving, troubleshooting skills
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to Perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward
- BS/MS in biochemistry, molecular biology or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience