Publisher Advancement Analyst I at Sovrn
About the Team
The Publisher Advancement team is dedicated to the progression of our publishers through the Sovrn onboarding & product integration journey. We offer technical support, documentation, ad operations, account management, & hands on implementation guidance.
About the Job
As a Publisher Advancement Analyst I, you will work closely with the Advancement Managers and the Director, Publisher Advancement to provide data and analytical support to internal and external stakeholders. You will work proactively to provide account data and recommendations for publishers and also work reactively with the support team to help provide advanced troubleshooting techniques, in turn providing solutions to problems raised.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assessing the health of Sovrn’s publishers via the use of various data access systems
- Discover opportunities to advance clients and the company’s overall business through the analysis of important metrics/KPIs
- Evaluate impact of exchange developments, new products, upcoming regulations, etc. for specific publishers and broader books of business
- Manage workflow for specific data-driven processes to support your broader team
- Develop process improvements using a detailed understanding of a publisher’s lifecycle and the involved company infrastructure
- Cooperate with members from other teams throughout the company to help prioritize and advance important projects
- Level 2 technical support
You are driven, thoughtful and curious. You love data. You enjoy problem solving and take pride in your proactive efforts to fix something before it even becomes a problem. You are comfortable with change and can evolve as you learn. And above all else, you have empathy for the customer.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics or quantitative field or 1 year experience as a Data Analyst or internship in related field
- Strong exposure to at least one of the following: HQL/Hive, SQL, Looker.
- Strong Excel Skills
- Exposure to SalesForce or other CRM or service desk system
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable on video and standard calls with publishers
- Self-motivated, quick learner, detail oriented and well organized
- Independent problem solver with superior technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects while staying organized in a fast paced environment
- High attention to detail and be able to process a high volume of information quickly and accurately
- Ability to proactively review current procedures and confidently make recommendations for improvements
- Display flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Able to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Experience with more than 2 querying languages
- Deep experience in Looker / Metamarkets / Amazon Quicksite
- Excel mastery
- Data modeling
This position reports to: Director, Publisher Advancement (Accounts)
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in silos – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!