Product Data Management Specialist at AMP Robotics
Product Data Management Specialist 6/18/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Product Data Management (PDM) Specialist reporting to the Head of Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Continuous Improvement to focus on all areas of Product Data Management providing support within Operations and Engineering. The position will support development of PDM processes, business systems tool administration (SW PDM and Arena), and engineering change oversight while striving for best in class business practices.
As our PDM Specialist, you will work to:
- Lead the PDM function from new product introduction through release of customer specific requirements.
- Drive any necessary culture change and improvement in business performance to deliver strategic goals.
- Establish design and data standards by working cross functionally with Operations and Engineering developing processes and procedures to ensure sustainability of practices.
- Actively lead the improvements in PDM, PLM and ERP systems to ensure master data accuracy.
- Codirect engineering change process to ensure timely and accurate execution.
- Assist in continuous improvement activities throughout the business ensuring that problems are prevented and that customer requirements are met with any problems resolved effectively and economically.
- Work to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework alongside Manufacturing/ Engineering and Operations to develop corrective and preventative actions within required time-frame.
- Support development of the Product Data Management processes, updating procedures and training team members, including on boarding of new hires.
- Maintain procedures and processes, ensuring company wide compliance to local, legal and customer specifications and standards.
- Ensure that corrective actions are delivered and non-compliance issues are resolved on time.
- Support improvement and communication protocols within all systems and processes across the business.
- PDM infrastructure ownership.
- Set up new users in Solidworks/PDM and facilitating appropriate liciencing.
- No Supervisory responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of product data management with experience in PDM, PLM and ERP systems.
- Work experience in a high-mix, low volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills required.
- Knowledge of ERP processes and systems; experience with web-based ERP systems.
- Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes and concepts.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Six Sigma concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to evaluate data, resulting in corrective and preventive actions.
- Effective communicator, problem solver, and self-starter; works well in a team environment.
- Must be results oriented with a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to maintain positive company image and brand.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite, Google suite, and other work-related software.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Six Sigma Certified (Green or Black Belt).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related Engineering discipline (preferred Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree) from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering /quality engineer experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield CO 80020
- Up to 20% domestic travel.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $75,000 - $85,000 depending on experience
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.