Material Control Analyst III at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Material Control Analyst III
The Material Control Analyst (MCA) manages the planning and execution of the Material Baseline for the program or product center, including Manufacturing Product Structures, quantities, build schedules and program charge numbers. Has primary coordination responsibilities for executing the material baseline including providing visibility for the program and exception planning and mitigation throughout the program lifecycle. The MCA will serve as the liaison between the program, functional support organizations (i.e. engineering, finance, contracts) and the Supply Chain organization, will enable communications across all these parties and will advise the SC and Program leadership on status of material execution throughout the program lifecycle. This position is a key part of the Supply Chain Business Unit Support Team, led by the Supply Chain Business Area Manager / Director.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop effective program relationships, with agreed upon expectations and roles with the key program and personnel supporting the programs and business areas that they support.
- Provide leadership in managing the Material Baseline for Planning and Execution for their programs/areas, with particular focus on Material Visibility, Program Schedule, & Compliance.
- Proactive communication and management of exceptions or anomalies. This may include working part substitutions, managing planning breaks, mitigating additional risks to the program associated with program execution including non-conformances.
- Has primary responsibility to execute the technical tasks assigned to a Material Control Analyst, including: Setting Demand within the required Work breakdown structure (WBS) and communicating with Project Controls Analysts; Product Structure hierarchy, Quality Plan information regarding procurements, Parts Engineering requirements, Additional requirements planning and Material Plans, maturity of Product Structures and making parts executable, and effectively understand and utilize Manufacturing tools and interfaces designed to facilitate material flow and approval.
- Provide visibility and analysis for material procurements and production schedule to program staff.
- May be a resource to new business proposal activity by estimating material costs for proposals and providing estimates of remaining material costs to existing programs.
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively act to address program issues.
- Ensure all SCM actions are performed within regulations and approved procurement system is maintained.
- Ensure that Supply Chain input to proposals, programs, and other operations are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with Ball Aerospace best practices.
- Partner with program office, finance and contracts to develop and maintain material forecast, provide material status input to program EACs, and perform Earned Value Management reporting, as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.