Manager, Data Operations (Multiple Openings) - Centennial, CO at RingCentral
Manager, Data Operations (Multiple Openings)
Responsible for managing development of RingCentral's data analytics platform, support for its users and all technical and organizational aspects of platform maintenance.
- Developing the vision and strategy for the maintenance of RingCentral's analytics infrastructure;
- Developing and executing project roadmaps and breaking down complex project requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies to assign to Engineers;
- Assigning tasks to Engineers with deadlines and requirements based on overall project goals and strategies;
- Supporting the Data Operations team in achieving high-level results, productivity and quality by reviewing code quality and providing technical guidance to Engineers;
- Analyzing workflow, human resource needs and project requirements to determine departmental goals and plan projects;
- Developing and managing processes for the Data Operations team; Managing and tracking progress of multiple ongoing projects, including monitoring the work plans, obtaining status reports and managing budgets;
- Recruiting, hiring, training and supervising Engineers within the Data Operations team;
- Working closely with executive staff to define strategies for the Data Operations team and project execution;
- Managing projects to develop innovative solutions to business problems and adopt new processes, services and technologies to meet the needs of end users, businesses and key stakeholders;
- Create, execute and track analytics platform strategic roadmaps and documents;
- Managing engineering activities in support of the production environment.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS & OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- U.S. Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or a related field, or foreign equivalent, plus two (2) years of related experience, or U.S. Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or a related field plus five (5) years of related experience, is required. Within the foregoing parameters, any suitable combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
- Experience with Hadoop, HP Vertica, Kafka, Tableau, Shell, Python, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Nexus, CentOS, Debian, personnel management and project management is required.
- Documentary verification of education/experience required