Manager, Analytics Engineering at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Manager of Analytics Engineering to build and lead our growing Analytics Engineering Team. This leader will be responsible for the team’s vision, strategy, roadmap, and execution, which includes the build and test of new data products, BI platform ownership, data literacy, and data anomaly detection. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, collaborative and inspiring servant leader with a track record of attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining world-class talent.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Create the team’s vision, roadmap, and lead organizational change in support of our ambitious data agenda
- Leverage engineering methods and best practices to deliver well-defined, tested, documented, and code-reviewed shared data sets
- Be a change agent and drive scale through democratization of data and by creating a culture of efficient, self-service data consumption
- Drive an organizational culture around Data Literacy and consistent data use
- Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers
- Be a reliable servant leader and decision maker
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of engineering management experience (or related) with a proven ability to build awesome, high performing teams and lead complex technical initiatives
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or related data experience
- Expert in understanding data structures, usage, security, and access
- Experience with a cloud-based data warehouse and architecture (e.g. Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with a modern BI/Data Visualization Platform (e.g. Looker, Sisense, etc.)
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and platforms is a strong plus
- Understands and has practiced agile software development and management
- Has had exposure to multiple languages and frameworks as either an engineer or manager
- Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus and expertise
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication and comfort in partnering with senior leadership
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $130,000-$150,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.