Jr. Data Scientist
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented Jr. Data Scientist to join our Data Science team. The successful candidate be responsible for identifying and developing solutions to turn data into actionable business recommendations. You will need to exhibit a strong combination of analytical prowess, technical aptitude and business judgment. You will be expected to focus on results, be a self-starter and demonstrate success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression and excellence in product and operations.
As a Jr. Data Scientist, you will be the analytical partner for our Media and Product teams. You will work closely with Campaign Strategists, Developers and Product Managers to transform subjective discussions about product into concise analytic questions that deliver actionable answers. You will support the design, development, and execution of marketing campaign analysis and game design including managing data and processes, modeling, and analysis to measure effectiveness and improve performance.
You will shape the way product performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions for the business.
- Evangelize data knowledge and insights: manage communications with your stakeholders and other teams, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve.
- Prioritize and execute in the face of ambiguity: work with stakeholders and mentors to distill the problem, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches.
- The Jr. Data Scientist sifts through all incoming data with the goal of discovering previously hidden insights, which, in turn, can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem.
- Participates in technical designs of the wrapped product, which will run the model.
- Work on data modeling, metric development, data prototyping, and insight generation using statistical techniques.
- Must have the ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Create efficiencies through automation or enhancement of existing processes.
- Defines the data analytics research plan, scope and resources required to meet the objectives of his/her area of ownership (segments of the project/engagement).
- Constructs data models (algorithms and formulas) for required business needs and predictions.
- Communicate findings, actionable recommendations, and data limitations to stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Verifies that the correct data population is being processed.
- Ensures that that the output of the model is used correctly and that business objectives are being targeted.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience as an analyst, data scientist, or related quantitative role.
- 3+ years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience. Solid knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics or a related technical field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Advanced PostgresSQL.
- Strong programming skills (Python preferred.) Experience with Pandas, Numpy, scikit-learn, etc preferred
- Experience with more advanced modeling techniques (eg ML.)
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills and impeccable business judgement.
- Experience working with imperfect data sets that, at times, will require improvements to process, definition and collection.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work in cross-functional groups
- Solution-oriented, self-starter with a solid ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks on time in a fast-changing environment; comfortable with ambiguity.
- A passion for gaming and/or the mobile app space.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
AdAction celebrates individuality and we value each other’s hard work by celebrating with exciting activities, lavish happy hours, complimentary meals, and seasonal sports. We offer a flexible work schedule, including generous PTO, and a benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance and up to 6% 401(k) matching. Starting salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience.