Head of Data Management
Ibotta’s Data Services team is expanding and we’re looking for a Head of Data Management to lead Ibotta’s holistic data management and governance function. This role will lead a team responsible for the overall health of Ibotta’s data assets ensuring that they are of high quality, well documented, securely protected & utilized, and compliant with all regulations and policies. Additionally, this person will provide leadership, career development and mentoring to team members as well as guidance in critical data architecture and design decisions
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Overall responsibility for defining and driving Ibotta’s data management strategy, tactics, and execution
- In partnership with key business and technology leaders, drive development, maintenance, and management of Ibotta’s business & technical metadata, including critical metrics & KPIs, data dictionaries, architectures, and lineage
- Overall responsibility for driving data quality programs and processes including monitoring, remediation, reporting, and assurance of data quality for critical business processes
- Creation, publication, enforcement, and maintenance of Ibotta’s data-related standards, policies, and procedures across the company
- Development, deployment, and management of data security & protection technologies, programs, and best practices across the company including encryption standards, key management, data sharing, and identity, access management policies
- Implementation and management of Ibotta’s data security monitoring & incident response function
- Partnering with our legal, client, product, and technology teams to drive best-in-industry data privacy protections for our savers as well as ensure compliance with all policies and regulations
- Design and execution of Ibotta’s end-to-end data lifecycle strategy ensuring best-in-class validation and improvement of controls for data assets
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years building and managing a comprehensive data management/governance function
- Direct experience and/or familiarity with all aspects of the data management function (e.g. governance, security, data quality, implementation of data controls, etc.)
- Extensive professional experience demonstrating successful partnerships across varied business and technology functions
- Proven track record of designing, launching, and successful adoption of company-wide initiatives and programs
- Proven ability to successfully prepare and maintain organizational readiness with data regulations (e.g. CCPA, GDPR, PCI, etc)
- Experience partnering with audit and compliance functions a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience managing the data lifecycle on Amazon AWS ecosystems a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.