Director of Data
Ibotta is looking for a Director of Data to drive our holistic data strategy, ensuring the security, scalability, sustainability, and usability of our data solutions. This leader will provide technology leadership and guidance in the areas of Data Engineering, Data Management and Business Intelligence and will partner closely with cross-functional leaders to identify, define and build data solutions. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, collaborative and inspiring leader with a track record of attracting, developing and retaining world-class talent.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Lead the Data Engineering, Data Management, and Business Intelligence functions at Ibotta
- Develop an overall, cross-functional data strategy for the organization, ensuring the security, scalability, sustainability, and usability of our data solutions
- Lead the design of data solutions and provide recommendations for technology and applications that best fit the business needs
- Champion our transition to an event-driven architecture
- Partner with business teams to identify current data challenges and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally to promote our data asset and increase the data literacy across the organization
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Ibotta architecture team to ensure alignment on data standards and processes
- Promote and maintain a healthy and collaborative culture across the team and organization
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of data solutions delivery or related experience, with 5+ years of management experience
- Proven track record of designing, launching, and the successful adoption of company-wide initiatives and programs
- Experience with event-driven architectures and platforms (e.g. Kafka) is a strong plus
- Experience with cloud-based data architectures and platforms (AWS preferred)
- Understanding and experience with agile software development and management
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment
- Effective written and verbal communicator with demonstrated ability to distill complex solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas to define and prioritize work to ensure the continual improvement of our data solutions
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.