Ibotta is seeking a Decision Scientist - Data & Media to join our analytics team to provide compelling, actionable and data-driven recommendations to our Data and Media partners and clients.
As a Decision Scientist - Data & Media, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in data engineering, statistics, and testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our Data & Media business. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our fastest growing line of business.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Partner cross-functionally with the Data & Media team, leveraging proven data handling, processing, statistical and analytical skills to solve business problems
- Using analytics to drive sales of three key products: external data feeds, targeted audiences, and advertisements on Ibotta’s mobile app.
- Build and maintain ETL pipelines to deliver data feeds to external clients
- Communicating complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner both internally as well as to external clients
- Serving as a leader for the ideation, development, and support on strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics within the team
- Work to enhance and automate current processes
- Respond to time-sensitive requests and analyses
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of practical work experience in Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science or equivalent experience
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of common data science software development packages (Python, R, etc.) and their relevant libraries, along with strong SQL and proven data wrangling and feature engineering skills
- Ability to communicate complex analytical concepts clearly and concisely both in written form and verbally to both technical and non-technical audiences, with a track record of strong partnerships with key stakeholders and clients across multiple functions
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment and provide creative, actionable solutions/insights
- Become the go-to expert around client data questions and requests
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.