Database Engineer III at GHX
The Database Engineer will provide timely and quality database design, development, maintenance, and problem resolution services for internal and external customers. They will manage highly-resilient corporate and cloud database infrastructure utilized by GHX DaaS/SaaS solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration and management of GHX databases, including:
- Backup and recovery
- Monitoring of data database capacity and performance
- Security and data access management
- Installations, upgrades, and patching
- Fail over server management
- Development and engineering of GHX databases (in collaboration with architects and software developers), including:
- Performance tuning
- Release Management/Continuous Integration
- Reporting and metrics development, analysis and presentation
- Safeguard the company's data, tools and information systems by adhering to Operational and Security policies and procedures throughout lifecycle of service delivery.
- 24/7 monitoring, on-call support and troubleshooting database issues, provide operational feedback to development and release teams.
- Implement and maintain automated processes using standardized shell scripting tools.
- In depth knowledge of one RDBMS and/or NoSQL platforms (ie Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch) with familiarity and the ability to support additional platforms at a basic level
- Experience with hybrid and public cloud concepts
- Exposure to Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Big Data, ETL/OLTP/OLAP, MDM, AI, ML
- Part of a support organization involved in implementation projects
- Proven ability to manage databases in a high transaction/high availability environment
- Experience with horizontal scaling and high availability technologies/concepts (ie Oracle RAC & Dataguard, SQL Server ‘Always On’ & Availability Groups, MongoDB Replicaion & Sharding, AWS Regions & Availability Zones)
- Hands on experience with UNIX, Linux, or Windows operating systems in a physical and/or virtual environment
- Experience working with project managers/scrum masters to implement new projects and resolve issues
- Liaising directly with customers of an IT organization
- Exposure to ITIL / ITSM / Managed Services / DevOps / SOA operational models
- Very strong ANSI SQL (PL/SQL, T-SQL) development skills
- Knowledge of higher level languages a plus (Java, C++, Python)
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- 1-5 years’ experience in Database Administration
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in CS or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills with a strong orientation towards customer service
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to production of high quality documentation
- Excellent team player with good experience working with departmental and cross functional teams
- Hands on experience AWS database services (RDS, Redshift, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, DocumentDB) and additional supporting services (ie EC2, S3, IAM, Networking, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (Confluence, Jira, Stash)
- Working in an agile software development environment
- Healthcare background
Estimated Salary Range for this position: $100,170 - $122,430
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in Healthcare
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 600 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.