Data Scientist (Computer Vision)Company Introduction
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a consumer-centric lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix - for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors (including Sequoia, Forerunner, and Tusk), and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out our recent coverage on TechCrunch!
Sunday is looking for a talented and motivated Data Scientist to lead high-impact projects and build key models that will directly impact product and business decisions. In particular, we are looking for a Data Scientist with experience in and a passion for computer vision projects. With an ever expanding customer base we have a long roadmap of amazing products to build. Key to this role will be the ability to balance both short-term deliverables and long-term goals as Sunday continues to thrive and scale for the future. We look forward to hiring someone who will work tirelessly to understand our customers and deliver the best possible experience to them through collaboration with internal teams beyond engineering.
- Work with stakeholders across the company, including R&D and Science teams, on modeling projects and deriving actionable insights to drive better product and business performance.
- Lead & execute upcoming computer vision and other machine learning projects
- Design and build models, as well as perform statistical analyses to answer specific business questions and power some key product features.
- Deliver ML projects from inception to production.
- 3+ years of professional and/or academic experience in areas related to computer vision, machine learning, and/or image processing.
- Fluency in Python and experience using Jupyter Notebooks for analysis and presentation of results.
- Solid understanding of predictive analytics, statistical modeling, and data-mining (theory, algorithms, and application).
- Able to identify assumptions and the limitations of models/algorithms and the impact on reporting and decision-making
- In depth knowledge and experience with: Convolutional Neural Networks, Regression, Random Forests, Bagging, Boosting, Clustering, Optimization, Stochastic Processes
- Strong fundamentals in statistics and econometrics, such as regressions and hypothesis testing.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify complex ideas, data, and analysis.
- Experience with Git, Github and GitLab
- Optional but a big plus: experience with putting Data Science projects into production on Google's AI Platform
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively towards individual goals
- Positive attitude with curiosity discover and solve new problems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Key characteristics: detail-oriented, assiduous, drive for results, passionate, positive, collaborative, curious, flexible, and empathetic
- Ability to prioritize and drive many projects simultaneously with sense of urgency
- Roll up the sleeves, positive, can-do spirit! You look forward to being part of a small, scrappy team and are willing to pitch in with whatever needs to get done
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- Salary range: $120-$140K annually
- 401(k) program
- Located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado / COVID Remote