Data Operations Engineer at SpotX
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally.
The Data Operations Engineer is responsible for building and automating tools and processes related to maintaining and improving our big data systems to support internal data applications customers the data they need.
- You live and breathe problem solving
- You bring knowledge of the big data ecosystem and are comfortable with core distributed computing concepts
- You are comfortable diagnosing issues on a distributed system
- You love building and maintaining tools to make both yours and internal customers lives easier
Requirements and Experience:
- 3+ years experience with Hadoop Distributed File System
- 3+ years experience with Spark
- 3+ years experience with Kafka and Zookeeper
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Knowledge of Jenkins/Travis or other CI systems
- Familiarity with time series databases
- Intermediate to advanced Scala/Java knowledge
- Intermediate to advanced Python knowledge
- Will be an on call position
- Knowledge of Airflow
- Knowledge of YARN
- Knowledge of container virtualization
When you join our team, we offer:
- A fast-paced, innovative company building best-in-class technology from 12 offices around the world
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Comprehensive Benefits Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching program and education assistance
- Annual technical education stipend
- Gym reimbursement, employee assistance and wellness programs
- Through our SpotX for Change program which matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities, SpotX contributed over $35K to charitable organizations in 2019
SpotX Core Values: Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability
SpotX strives to attract, invest in, and develop a diverse group of people.
At SpotX, we seek to build an inclusive workforce and work environment. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, GDPR/CCPA-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Electronic Arts, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, Gannett, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households. In early 2019, SpotX acquired Yospace which powers server-side ad insertion (SSAI) for all live and video on demand content streamed to connected devices. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 12 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.