Data Migration Engineer at Greenhouse Software (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Data Migration Engineer to join our Data Migrations team!
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Professional Services, you will work in tandem with the Professional Services Research and Development, Implementation, and Customer Success teams to ensure our customers’ legacy recruiting data is seamlessly carried forward into Greenhouse.
Data Migration Engineers at Greenhouse gain valuable experience across a multitude of technical and non-technical skill sets, enabling them to pursue career paths into: software engineering, data analytics, technical consulting, and more.
- A data connoisseur – you are passionate about analyzing and manipulating data
- A python lover – you write scripts and programs to automate processes
- A people person – you communicate clearly and naturally build trust and rapport with customers
- A self-starter – you are resourceful and constantly experiment with new tools and technologies for the job
- A detail enthusiast – you understand that the “little things” matter when supporting our customers
- Work directly with Greenhouse customers to plan the timeline and scope of their data migration, including: what data will and will not be included, where and when data will appear within Greenhouse, and in what format data will be stored
- Collaborate with the Implementations, Enterprise Practice, and/or Customer Success teams to fully align on all migration-related tasks, inter-dependencies, and milestones
- Develop new, or modify existing, automation scripts to extract, analyze, and transform customer data in preparation for its import to Greenhouse
- Iterate with the customer through test imports as needed, making modifications to the scripts to ensure a successful migration
- Communicate potential process and tooling enhancements to the Professional Services R&D team in order to improve our ability to automate the end-to-end migration process
- Educate and enable the Sales Engineering team to translate customers’ data migration requirements into a recommended service package
- Handle customer data with the utmost sensitivity, in accordance with Greenhouse security best practices
- Experience analyzing and aggregating large sets of data
- Deep knowledge of Python fundamentals and script writing
- Proficiency with advanced Excel functions such as pivot tables, vlookups, and macros
- Customer-facing work experience with demonstrated capacity to deliver projects
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate abstract concepts for non-technical audiences
- Experience using the Pandas and Jupyter Notebooks frameworks, a plus
- Familiarity with recruiting data or data migrations, a plus
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The ranges provided below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: 58,000.00 - 78,000.00.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page.
**Due to COVID-19, all Greenhouse employees are working remotely until further notice.**