Data Analyst at Billtrust
The Data Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting client data requirements for both new and modified client implementations. In addition, you are responsible for analyzing tools and technical solutions for data mapping. You need to work in a diverse and dynamic environment with a team of business analysts, project managers, client service analysts, QC analysts, developers, and end customers. You need to possess strong communication, organization and coordination skills. An attention to detail with the ability to effectively handle multiple complex issues simultaneously is a must. You must show strong technical skills in analyzing data files and creating data mappings.
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with clients to determine their data requirements for both new and modified client implementations
- Work with Project Managers and Engineering leads to determine scope and effort required for data handling tasks
- Participate in requirements overview meetings
- Perform pre-implementation data file validation
- Analyze existing client data files to determine accurate mapping specifications
- Designs and configures data mapping solution leveraging existing tools, or create data mapping requirements documentation that the engineering and QA teams will use during design, development, and testing efforts
- Prepare data upload process
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to answer client questions and guide clients on data best practices
- Respond to development and testing requests for requirements clarifications, consulting clients as needed
- Set data mapping and handling standards to be followed during design and development
- Assist in developing data validation test cases
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess 3+ years experience in a Data Analyst capacity
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements
- Past experience creating data element mappings between two or more distinct data models
- Prior experience in eCommerce and Product Inventory Management is highly desired
- Prior experience working as a Business Analyst is a plus. Experience gathering and defining client requirements
- Hands on experience with scripting SQL for troubleshooting and analysis
- Managing internal and client expectations and deadlines; i.e. scheduling, communication, escalation, and risk analysis
- Experience working with CSV, delimited, XML, JSON and other types of data files
- Experience performing data pattern recognition and other data research and prior experience working with outside clients
- A love for data and solving problems related to data (collecting, mapping, and measuring quality)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and provide valuable business insights and suggestions
- Previous experience working with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl, PHP, or other programming languages strongly desired
- Possess strong communication, organization, and coordination skills, with the ability to effectively handle multiple complex issues simultaneously
- Show a proven history of successfully prioritizing work efforts based upon customer needs, committed delivery dates, and complexity, in a rapidly changing environment
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.