Data Analyst at Vertafore
About the Vertafore
Vertafore is a top provider of software for the rapidly evolving insurance industry. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs, and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
Our culture encourages employees who can create, think, and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment. We are transforming our products and services, using advanced techniques to create new "ways and value" for the insurance industry.
About the Opportunity
Data is central to Vertafore's vision for the future, and analysts are a critical component to evangelize data-driven products and decision making. As a data analyst at Vertafore, you will be responsible for building methods and processes to analyze diverse data sources to generate actionable insights.
This role is entry-level in the data science career track located at Vertafore's headquarters in Denver, CO.
In a typical week as part of the Data Science Organization, you will:
- Work with data scientists and product engineers to evaluate and prepare data for production
- Add value to our internal teams by forging data consumption best practices
- Create operational reports and dashboards, new metrics and KPIs, and ETL procedures
- You will work with large, messy, structured, and unstructured data to solve problems using complex queries and actionable reports
- You will work on a wide variety of tasks across numerous lines of business/products/stakeholders
- You will use your deep understanding of data to guide high-velocity decision making and build scalable data solutions for new and existing products
- 0-2 years of experience working with data sets and building visualizations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for data and analytics
- Ability to quickly learn and execute
- You have experience with:
- Exploratory Analysis
- Evaluating and Defining Metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports