Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Join a fun and fast paced team focused on developing tools to migrate customers from competitive products to Vertafore products. If you love to study, learn and implement technology solutions with some of the smartest people in the industry with a leading-edge company in the insurance software space, then this is the job for you. This position will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and testing solutions and providing conversion support for customers.
Vertafore is seeking a driven and talented Conversion Engineer who thrives on meeting customer needs and loves solving problems with technology solutions. This role is part of a highly effective, fast-paced team who serve as the hub to deploy and execute system conversions as well as maintain over 150 different servers. This is a cross-functional role and has a career path into Infrastructure Engineering and Software Development. This is a hands-on position requiring strong technical acumen and non-standard hours. If you want to solve difficult problems for industry leading companies in a wealthy market segment, then this is the job for you.
Our goal is to create an industry leading engineering services group specializing is software solutions for the Agency market. Our customers have significant integration and conversion challenges and need top of the line people and knowledge to help them solve their challenges. The selected candidate should thrive in a customer-driven, fast-paced environment. Excellent communication & strong interpersonal skills are critical to this role as well as the ability to work effectively with developers, project managers and customers to deliver solutions.
We're #1 in our industry and are looking for enthusiastic talent with a passion for meeting customer needs. The selected candidate should thrive in a customer-driven, fast-paced environment. Excellent communication & strong interpersonal skills are critical to this role as well as the ability to work effectively with developers, project managers and customers to deliver solutions.
The right candidate will execute data conversions and system migration deployments to production environments. They will manage a queue of ticketing requests and will thrive on completing each request accurately and timely.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Assist and guide customers through the conversion process to convert their source data to a Vertafore system
- Assist Analysts and Project Managers with program/conversion issues troubleshooting and resolution and delegate to other developers as needed
- Develop, test, and deploy customized conversion T-SQL scripts and automation tools
- Perform product installs and upgrades; database migrations and upgrades in production
- Assist and direct customers in performing data translations and mappings
- Document all discussions, issues and solutions to problems involving the customer in the customer relationship management system
- Research/diagnose problems for prompt resolution to time sensitive issues
- Perform quality assurance on all converted data for accuracy from application functionality perspective
- Perform administrative tasks such as: new account setup, new machine setup, SFTP account creation, database snapshots, SSL certificate installations
- Collaborate with a team on a given project to ensure the needed support is provided within the project deadlines and scope
- Contribute to team development through support and collaboration
- Manage and maintain code repositories for reusable assets
- Requires occasional weekend and after-hours availability for client support and conversion assistance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter, detail oriented, quick learner and deadline driven
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new database schemas
- Ability to create tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, constraints, cursors, triggers using T-SQL and SSMS
- Assist with application installs and upgrades
- Assist with database upgrades and migrations
- Extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data to/from SQL Server
- Custom data modification scripts
- Maintenance of development machines, server environments and network connectivity
- Ability to work with variety of different file/data formats
- Ability to create SFTP accounts; upgrade machines, setup SSL certifications
- Migrate databases to/from production environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and effectively communicate progress and updates
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Efficient working independently and within a team
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, math, computer science or related field
- Experience in a high availability, scalable environment with large data volumes at multiple locations.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining virtual hosted environments VMWare ESX
- Experience in networking, routing, VLANs, VPNs, TCP/IP
- Experience in a managed production environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in MS SQL Server 2008 (or greater) Management Studio
- Linux and Oracle experience a plus
- Prior insurance industry experience and knowledge preferred
- You aspire to be a dedicated contributor for providing technical support to teams and outstanding support to customers
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 5% of the time.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.