Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Ibotta is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our Data Services team who will help empower our company to make data-driven decisions by providing the right data at the right time throughout various areas of the organization. You will become a “go to” expert on all things data while working closely with internal stakeholders to support various business initiatives.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
Provide support across the company through reporting, monitoring, tracking, and analyzing business performance and results
- Analyze requirements and architect appropriate solutions, with detailed design documents
- Leverage reporting best practices to automate reports and find creative solutions to maximize reporting output
- Create and refine visual representation and communication of complex data
- Develop a logical, structured approach to conduct ad-hoc analyses and work backwards from hypotheses
- Design, develop, maintain, and optimize ETL and pipelines related to Business Intelligence
- Sample projects:
- Extract, wrangle, and automate large data transfers (on the order of trillions of rows) to democratize data and empower data-driven decision making across the company
- Manage, monitor, and provide recommendations on the quality of various data streams
- Design and create aggregate and summary tables for reporting efficiency purposes
- Analyze and deliver data to provide actionable insights about the effectiveness of the business above and beyond standard analysis
Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in Analytics within an agile organization as well as familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence platforms
- 2-5+ years of practical work experience in SQL
- Proven ability to develop, maintain, automate, visualize, and communicate reporting for management and internal clients
- Consistent ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization to drive towards common goals
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate data, processes, and results to senior leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detailed-Oriented team player with an ownership mindset
- Experience with Looker Business Intelligence platform
- Experience using Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Experience in AWS EcoSystem
- Knowledge of Airflow, Qubole, Git, Python
- Experience with event-driven architecture
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.