Business Development Market Research Analyst at AMP Robotics
Business Development Market Research Analyst
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
As the Business Development Market Research Analyst, you will primarily be responsible for gathering, researching and analyzing market intelligence to help AMP make informed decisions on market expansion, product development, application diversification, and strategic industry partnerships. You will also support AMP’s efforts to stay current on competitive developments, as well as programmatically managing customer and market segmentation schemes.
As our Business Development Market Research Analyst, you will work to:
- Aggregate and maximize insights from diverse research sources relevant to AMP’s industrial application of artificial intelligence and robotic technology for recycling infrastructure.
- Develop an understanding of key trends in Commercial and Government sectors, as well as specific existing and emerging material sub-segments (e.g. plastics, paper, metals, organics)
- Define and assess TAM (total addressable market) and SAM (serviceable available market) for AMP to inform sales, marketing and product strategies.
- Develop and manage customer segmentation schemes to support account-based sales and marketing, as well as downstream analysis to inform strategic partnerships (e.g. CPGs).
- Distill research, data and observations into presentations to Business Development, Product, and Commercial leadership to help inform strategic decision making.
- Support proposals for grants and projects with Corporate, Government and NGO partners.
- Lead and support other ad-hoc market research and strategic planning initiatives as directed.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of market research and analysis skills with an emphasis on B2B industries
- Preferable background at an agency, consulting firm or a research department
- Strong analytical thinker - skills with the ability to distill complex information, quick to understand relevant research areas (e.g., industry sector, customer segments)
- Self-motivated and agile - adapts to the fast-pace of start-up environments and ambiguity that can come with it
- Results oriented - demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time; organized, resourceful, and able to prioritize among competing demands
- Exceptional communicator and listener - with excellent business writing skills and ability to translate data and evidence-based analysis into cohesive observations
- Mission-driven - passionate and and inherently curious about innovation and economic driven solutions for sustainability
- Bachelor's degree required
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
- 5% or less
- Please note: This role requires travel, and AMP requires employees who travel to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. AMP is an equal opportunity employer and, consistent with applicable law, will consider requests for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs, or as required by state or local law, where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the Company.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $75,000 - $95,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays.