Big Data Engineer II
Arrow Electronics is currently seeking a Big Data Engineer II to work in our Arrow Digital division at our global headquarters in Centennial, CO!
Responsibilities/Principal Accountabilities/Job Complexities–
- Understand business requirements and provide suitable design.
- Design, implement and maintain production level data pipeline across various data sources.
- Ability to quickly prototype a solution to prove out the technical feasibility and business value.
- Scale up prototypes (ETL/ML model/services) from end-to-end using relevant technologies.
- Test and monitor to ensure product quality to live up to the business SLA.
- Diagnose, debug and fix existing workflows and applications.
- Research and learn new tools and frameworks.
- Technical documentation.
Minimum Requirements/Education/Experience —
- Greater than 8 years of working experience and more than 4 years in relevant field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience working with Big Data: Hadoop, Cloudera (CDH), Spark Hive, Impala, HBase, etc.
- Strong programming experience in any of the following language Python/Java.
- Must have a strong command of SQL.
- Must have good working knowledge of Unix file system and shell scripting.
- Strong communication verbal and written skill.
- Greater than 2 years working experience with CDH.
- Hands-on experience working with popular big data frameworks listed below, like Hadoop/Spark/Hive/Impala/HBase and others.
- Experience operating under an agile work environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable RESTful APIs.
Preferred Education & Experience—
- Experience with production level machine learning applications (training/inferencing/deployment).
- Basic understanding of machine learning techniques and models.
What’s In It For You:
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Holidays / Sick time
- Parental Leave (Maternity / Paternity options)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)