Big Data Analyst at Arrow Electronics, Inc. (Greater Denver Area, CO)
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you're working with us.
Big Data Analyst
Currently, we have an excellent opportunity for a Big Data Analyst in our Englewood, CO and Golden, CO offices.
As a member of the Big Data team, you will set the standard of Arrow’s future decision-making. By providing the ability for technology and data to drive business initiatives, you enable Arrow to be Five Years Out – working in the future of electronics. You will drive creative solutions that optimize our insight into all things electronics, helping us achieve goals that were previously thought unattainable.
The Big Data team works with a startup mindset, but with the resources and financial backing of a Fortune 150 company. We are looking for exceptional individuals who are creative, nimble, and have a healthy disregard for remaining at the “status quo.”
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who wishes to add value to the business through technology and innovation. Success in this role is defined as simultaneously being an analyst and a developer who uses data to discover novel insights that drive business excellence.
- Organize, create and analyze large-scale data sets
- Determine the right technology tools to use in order to influence business challenges
- Perform “what if” analyses and question existing assumptions and processes
- Identify competitive advantages
- Communicate your recommendations to both business and IT leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Enjoys data, performing data studies and discovering new data sources (or new uses for existing data sources)
- Strong business acumen
- Inquisitive with the ability to stare at data and spot trends
- Thinks in data models, ELT/ETL and algorithms
- Proficiency in MySQL
- Deep understanding of time series analysis and regression analysis
- Experience with modeling tools such as Weka and Knime
- Prefers command line to clicking.
- Conversant in Linux or OS X
- PaaS and IaaS experience is a plus
- Experience with data visualization and reporting methods and tools
- Familiarity implementing machine learning
- The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of pricing, inventory, electronics or high-tech
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with business leaders to align with strategic goals
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.