Associate Decision Scientist - Product
Ibotta is seeking an Associate Decision Scientist to help us build the next Ibotta, with exceptional technology. This includes the building the next iterations of the app, mobile and online payments, new features driven by algorithms, and expert analysis to help the Product teams make data-driven decisions to build a more engaging app experience.
As an Associate Decision Scientist, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and A/B testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support strategic options, build state-of-the-art tools, and improve our future product developments.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Working cross-functionally with the Product team to analyze usage and uncovering key, actionable insights about Ibotta users behavior
- Running statistical analysis and create predictive models based on past user purchases and behavior
- Designing and measuring controlled experiments to determine the potential impact of new approaches
- Understanding and reporting business performance in detail and identifying opportunities for improving the app experience.
Here is what we’re looking for (required):
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- An understanding of the key concepts of consumer behavior
- Strong SQL knowledge, data wrangling, and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide thoughtful insights
- Ability to develop, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate learnings
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout an organization to drive towards common goals
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics/mathematics/statistics/data science/computer science/economics or equivalent experience
Here is what we’re looking for (preferred):
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (such as R, Python, or Spark)
- Knowledge of A/B testing concepts
- Practical work experience in analytics in a consumer-facing industry
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Flexible Time Off and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.