Asset Specialist - Buyer at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
We have a great opportunity for an Asset Specialist – Buyer in our Centennial, CO location.
Responsibilities include determining Inventory Forecasts at the device level, Purchasing Products to authorized levels, Managing inventory pipeline in order to create competitive advantage and to market conditions, Improve Inventory Availability levels to established goals, Identify and Action Purchase Order Reschedules and Cancellations, Managing guaranteed stock parts list to established goals, Managing inventory mix by actioning slow and non-moving inventory, Supporting product allocation process at a device and Customer level, Work with Suppliers to obtain pricing for customers, Participate in pricing negotiations, Other actions and programs as deemed necessary by Management
What You'll Be Doing:
- Plan and pipeline inventory for high complex technology demand for numerous customers—high dollar value and/or large part count.
- Evaluate both Arrow generated and customer supplied forecast uploads and manage the exceptions generated from the forecast processing.
- Review parameters and make recommendations/changes to ensure achievement of company inventory turns goals. Manage inventory to assure best forecast input. Manage parts and engagements to assure both adequate supply and maximum turns. Manage excess inventory including concentration on slow moving and/or sludge.
- Work with sales team on developing strategies to successfully win customer quotes. Implement strategic supplier focused programs and provide updates to the sales team. Strategically drive profitability through constant communication with external suppliers and sales teams through inventory management. Strong knowledge of market conditions in order to create a competitive advantage.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers to obtain the best price for customers. Participate in price negotiations with customers and suppliers to win new and defend existing business.
What You'll Need:
- Strong Inventory Management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to change gears quickly and to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Ability to build and maintain internal/external professional relationships with suppliers, reps and sales personnel.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Administrative Ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Knowledge of Arrow Organization and Systems preferred
- Knowledge on Customer MRP preferred
- Background in product management, purchasing, or inside sales preferred
What's in It for You?
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)