Analyst, Senior Demand Planning Inventory at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for tactical planning of demand and inventory for Ball Beverage Packaging North & Central America. Acts as the primary liaison between the business and the planning systems.
- Reports metrics related to demand and Inventory planning on a daily basis.
- Provides root cause analysis for customer specific variances to current forecast plan.
- Tracks new customers and SKUs for inclusion in demand planning software.
- Conducts data cleansing activities for planning tools including, but not exclusively, chaining and removal of forecast elements.
- Performs what-if analyses, simulations, and scenarios to assist in the forecasting process.
- Performs division operational demand reporting using established forms and ad-hoc customer analysis.
- Responsible for the generation of statistical safety stock levels and necessary overrides for raw materials and finished goods.
- Maintains proper inputs (locations and variability adjustments) for the Oracle Inventory Optimization software package.
- Coordinates closely with sourcing, tactical and long-term supply planning teams to ensure that safety stock assumptions and strategies are understood throughout the planning functions.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education. Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, statistics, and another quantitative analysis heavy discipline. MBA preferred.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum with a Fortune 500 company.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Economic Value Added (EVA), business and economic principles and practices, financial modeling, Microsoft Word and Excel, JDE Enterprise One, Oracle Value Chain Planning, and other applicable software applications.
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis on projects and a variety of business problems to top management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations.
- 10% travel
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $77,500 - $115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans