Analyst I - Project Controls at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Analyst I - Project Controls
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Project Controls functions on aerospace programs within the Tactical Solutions (TS) organization. Tasks are performed under the general direction of program managers and functional managers, plus mentoring of senior Project Controls staff.
- Generate financial reporting packages across several program portfolios.
- Support baseline development and maintenance, performance management and estimate at complete development and analysis.
- Implement, monitor, report and analyze program budget and/or schedule.
- Support earned value system including maintenance, reporting and analysis.
- Organize cost and/or schedule data for monthly/quarterly program reviews.
- Prepare and monitor funding plans and labor forecast plans.
- Compile and analyze Sales Forecast data and cost estimating data.
- Prepare ETC/EAC estimates from program staff input.
- Generate cost proposals in accordance with company processes, policies, and government regulations.
- Participate in presentations and group discussions at internal and external financial/schedule meetings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience in utilizing business principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, coordinating group initiatives in order to bring a project to completion.
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to take initiative.
- Solid MS Excel skills, along with other MS Office Products.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $67,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.