Analyst, Global Sustainability at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Coordinates across functions and regions to administer and complete external sustainability assessments and execute external and internal sustainability related reporting and communication efforts which will support a) the sustainability team’s proactive engagement of critical stakeholders such as investors, customers, and employees; and b) the development of future sustainability programs. Serves as sustainability liaison to various internal functions that are leading Ball’s social impact goals.
Essential Responsible Areas:
External Sustainability Assessments
- Coordinate gathering of input data from various sources and functions within Ball to complete external sustainability assessments (e.g. DJSI, CDP, Sustainalytics) for ESG and mainstream investors and customers (e.g. Sedex, ecovadis)
- Performs analysis of external assessment scores which will support the improvement of existing and drive development of new sustainability programs
Monitoring and Benchmarking
- Monitors and reports on sustainability goals, initiatives, and programs of corporate sustainability leaders, retailers, customers, competitors and suppliers to support Ball’s sustainability program development and identify potential avenues for partnership
- Monitors and reports on developments around mandatory and voluntary sustainability reporting requirements/standards, supporting Ball’s decision making on its future sustainability and integrated reporting
Sustainability Reporting & Communication
- Coordinates updates to Ball’s sustainability website
- Maintains consistency in quantitative and qualitative sustainability information across various communication platforms
- Supports development of annual integrated report and alignment with relevant sustainability reporting standards (e.g. GRI, SASB)
- Supports internal communication to make key functions and employees aware of Ball’s sustainability initiatives and how different functions support achievement of Ball sustainability goals
Social Impact Coordination
- Support the community, diversity & inclusion, and talent management teams at Ball on sustainability-related matters to develop an aligned strategy across functions and consistent messaging that address the needs of investors and (future) employees
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate sustainability messaging effectively
- Detailed Oriented
- Work collaboratively across departments and regions
- Accommodate change and adapt accordingly
- Create innovative solutions for multifaceted challenges
- Think holistically
- Work effectively in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Operate effectively within diverse and cross-functional groups
- Work autonomously and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Sustainability reporting standards
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $60,000 - $90,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans