IT Manager at Gloo (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Gloo was founded as a mission-driven organization with the goal to release the passion in every person to Champion the growth of another so they can be all they were born to be.
Today, organizations of all sizes in the addiction recovery and faith space use Gloo’s products to become more informed, better connected, and fully equipped to overcome their greatest challenges and achieve powerful outcomes, helping people progress through their personal growth journeys.
By building a common platform, we are creating a shared infrastructure that removes friction, promotes collaboration, and equips leaders with the right tools to galvanize personal growth and change lives. We are a fast-moving and passionate team that is looking for more talented professionals who are driven to make a positive impact.
As an experienced Mac-focused IT Manager your primary responsibility will be to drive our IT services as we look to scale the business. In this role, you will create strategies for IT and supervise the implementation of those strategies to best serve the company’s computing needs. You will architect and execute the Endpoint Strategy in close collaboration with Gloo’s Trust and Compliance team. The role will require you to work cross-functionally (People, Engineering, Security) to ensure we are executing our responsibilities to our partner teams, and to the business.
You will be leading Gloo’s IT team in charge of infrastructure, endpoint management, access management, and so on. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, pragmatic design, and building and maintaining quality systems is essential. The team places great emphasis on customer service and troubleshooting with our staff. The team members are personable, innovative, and aspirational. The culture of our team is extremely important to us. We want you to be engaged in your projects, we want you to voice your ideas, and we want you to be proud of what you accomplish.
What You Will be Doing:
- Set the mission and vision of a customer-centric IT organization
- Manage IT System Administrator and outside vendors
- Establish and manage IT Support SLAs and KPIs
- Administer and manage all endpoints, consisting of 100% macOS
- Maintain and develop facilities networks in concert with outsourced network support
- Identify manual processes and look to automate where appropriate
- Help admin various SaaS tools, including Jamf, Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, and many more
- Provide technical mentorship to teammates and create and update technical documentation for internal IT teams
- Push the team to industry best practices and drive change
- Be an advocate for our users, understand their challenges, and look to remove blockers
- Make data-driven, empathetic decisions, and take a holistic collaborative approach to decision making
- Identify requirements for capacity planning, system optimization, scaling, and performance, focusing with the team on ensuring high availability for IT systems
- Communicate effectively with leadership, peers, stakeholders, and end users regarding system and endpoint activities
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years supporting a startup of at least 50 remote users
- Experience hiring and managing a team
- Experience with macOS and Jamf Pro Mobile Device Management
- Experience working in a heavy SaaS-based environment using Slack, Zoom, Google Workspace, etc.
- Strong understanding of Identity Access Management, bonus points if Okta Certified
- A positive attitude and excitement for building new processes and policies for a growing organization while understanding the importance of security and compliance
- Experience working with remote teams and multiple offices, while using tools like Slack or Zoom to support them, including a flexible attitude around serving employees in various time zones and work styles
- Understanding of modern conference room AV configurations best suited for Zoom rooms
- Attention to detail with strong documentation skills
- Hybrid role with onsite presence expected 3x weekly for IT Support
Our Team Members Enjoy
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Plenty of time off to keep you balanced
- Medical benefits with multiple plan offerings and HSA contribution, as well as Dental and Vision plans
- A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
- Fresh fruit, snacks, coffee and sodas
- Onsite and virtual social events to keep us connected in our hybrid work environment
- Beautiful office space in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails
Applications welcomed from those who are US Citizens or hold a Green Card.