Customer Experience Manager (Tax Resolution)
The Tax Resolution Team is passionate about resolving complex tax notices while delivering a world-class customer experience. We act as detectives and problem-solvers discovering payroll discrepancies, researching tax laws and identifying the root cause of all inquiries. We work closely with tax agencies across the nation to reach the best outcome for our customers, as well as our product team to build tools that streamline the resolution process and prevent similar cases in the future.
Gusto is seeking an inspiring leader to help build and scale our growing Tax Resolution team in Denver. Someone who won’t settle for the status-quo and thinks creatively when it comes to problem solving. Not only will you be responsible for communicating and achieving clear objectives for our team but you’ll also have the opportunity to directly empower the lives of our Gusties, helping to develop their careers and professional growth.
Our Customer Engagement team is at the core of our business and our spectacular Tax Resolution team is a key stakeholder in company decisions and operations. It’s a small, tight, fun group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Empower a team of individual contributors who will research and resolve complex cases such as amendments and tax notices
- Anticipate and initiate change, demonstrate resilience, and help the team adapt
- Deliver ongoing feedback and coaching that is both challenging and supportive
- Ensure the team's work is aligned to short- and long-term Gusto objectives
- Clearly communicate decisions, reasons for decisions, and impact on the team
- Build lasting relationships with key stakeholders at local, state, and federal tax agencies
- Provide exceptional service to our customers through escalations
Here’s what we're looking for in Gusties:
- 1-3 years of people management experience in customer service, implementation, or operations
- Passionate about empowering high-performance teams
- Ability to set strategy and articulate clear objectives at all levels
- A self-aware leader who knows their personal strengths, development areas, motivations, and impact
- Customer-first mentality and a first-principle-thinking approach to innovate in delivering a world class customer experience
- Experience delivering service to customers of technology platforms and familiarity with tools (ZenDesk)
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.