Join our legal team at Zoom, where agility, resilience, and a keen understanding of our business strategy are essential. As a Privacy Counsel, you'll be a dynamic, pragmatic attorney with a deep passion for privacy and technology. You'll play a pivotal role advising on privacy matters related to marketing, product development, and new business initiatives.
We are looking for a dynamic attorney with a passion for privacy and technology to advise clients on privacy issues related to marketing, product development and new projects. You will partner with stakeholders across the company to deliver privacy guidance for products and to build privacy requirements and standards for multiple areas of the business. You will report to the Managing Privacy Counsel.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their privacy practice in an in-house setting.
• Partner with cross-functional stakeholders in product and engineering to review new products, features, and other new uses of personal data to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and industry practices
• Work with engineering and product teams to develop and maintain standards, procedures and playbooks as part of a robust privacy-by-design process
• Work with colleagues across the organization to improve compliance programs for privacy and data security, including GDPR and CCPA, and to develop global standards and processes surrounding privacy and data protection
• Manage data protection language in standard contractual agreements and support commercial attorneys in negotiating data protection terms
• Conduct general and role-specific privacy trainings, including for team members responding to and actioning privacy rights requests
• Stay informed about, and advise on, regulatory and industry developments, including monitoring trends in privacy and security laws, regulations, and public policy
• Maintain privacy policies and privacy notices
• Undergraduate degree and JD
• At least 5 yrs combined technology legal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
• At least two years experience working on privacy and data protection matters, including strong knowledge of global privacy
laws, including the CCPA and the GDPR
• Experience with telecommunication or cloud provider product privacy is a plus
• Comfortable with technology and technical terminology; experience working directly with engineers
• A team player and who is willing to take on additional responsibilities
• Work remotely with colleagues across the U.S. and globally
• Privacy certification (e.g., CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPT, CIPM)
• Experience in a commercial legal role
Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration; base salary, bonus and equity value.
Information about Zoom's benefits is on our careers page here .
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in this and other locations.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .