Technical Writer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all fun.
About the team
We are seeking a Technical Writer I to join our team in Milwaukee, WI.
The Banking Solutions Technical Writing Team creates user assistance that helps our clients understand and use FIS Banking Solutions financial services software. We create online help systems; user manuals; administration guides; installation guides; release notes; API documentation, and more. The writing team’s guiding principles: satisfy clients; deliver faster; demonstrate personal leadership. We are currently on a journey of transformation as well, redefining who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
What you will be doing
- Analyzing the user, user job functions, user knowledge level, user assumptions, conditional tasks, and the role that a product’s user assistance plays in helping users do their jobs.
- Working closely with subject matter experts to identify the content that meets user needs.
- Developing a cost-effective user assistance strategy, including accurate estimates and schedules.
- Transforming the results of analysis and strategy into clear, concise user assistance deliverables.
- Collaborating effectively with FIS colleagues representing a wide range of business functions, including product management, development, project management, support, education and training, client services, etc.
- Contributing to the Team’s transformation.
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Writer
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated talent for explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
- Ability to quickly learn complex software systems and financial industry business concepts.
- Proficiency in mapping and organizing information for multiple audiences, languages, and outputs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- High degree of flexibility in response to project challenges in a fast-paced development environment.
- Ability to work equally well independently and as a team player.
- Proficiency with the tools of our trade, including MS Office, MS Teams, SnagIt, Paint, SharePoint, Confluence Wiki, JIRA, DITA authoring tools.
- Experience in an Agile or SAFe environment.
- DITA XML expertise.
Extra credit experience
- Information architecture.
- Video design and development.
- Chatbot design and development.
- Content as a Service.
What we offer you
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset.
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities.
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.