Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
Wurk is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our growing team. As a Technical writer for Wurk, you’ll be helping take our brand to new heights with your sharp ability to evaluate and analyze complex information in order to help others grasp concepts and verbiage that are hard to understand. You will report to our Product Manager.
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Organize and write supporting documents for products and processes, for both internal and client audiences
- Create and update online walkthroughs, tool tips, user guides, job aids, videos, etc. selecting the best medium and delivery method for the topic and audience
- Organize internal and external documentation libraries to drive usability
- Devise technical training programs and training content for internal and client audiences
- Conduct and record online training for large groups or individual attendees
- Monitor effectiveness of training documentation and update as needed
- Work with Product and Operations teams to identify and prioritize new documentation and training needs, building a plan and timeline for addressing those needs
- Work with subject matter experts to understand product features, translating those concepts to fit the target audience
- Collaborate with Marketing team to ensure language and materials meet brand voice
- Develop and own documentation standards and templates for other content creators within the organization to follow
- Manage, modify, and update existing content to repurpose as needed
- Other technical client communications as necessary
What you’ll need to have!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with MS Office, SharePoint, Salesforce Communities, Adobe, and WordPress
- Expertise within walkthrough solutions, digital adoption platforms, and digital guidance technologies such as WalkMe.
- Superior attention to detail
- Expert written and visual storytelling abilities
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading industry.
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark
- Do you love dogs? So do we! (We’re dog-friendly!)
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Eligible to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Due to our small size and the abundance of Denver-based applicants in this 2% unemployment market, we will not be facilitating any relocation and will only be contacting local talent at this time. If you live in Denver and want to work in the heart of the city, we want to meet you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.