Senior Technical Content Marketing Manager at CircleCI
As Technical Content Marketing Manager, you’ll be a key player on our powerhouse content team. Central to this role is the ability to think like a publisher, crafting and driving content projects that move current and future business initiates forward. We want someone who derives happiness from finding opportunities to add both technical context and content smarts in support of outstanding go-to-market efforts.
You will have a unique opportunity to get very close to the users of our platform, with visibility into the use of our product through their experience. This highly-valuable information source is what you will use to form the direction and long-term goals for technical content at CircleCI. You will use this context to be a valuable resource for the entire content and comms team, contributing insights into our overall content strategy.
To accomplish this, you will lead a group of cross-functional content creators, freelance tutorial authors, and other outside contributors, using the insights you collect to craft decisions about the topics they’ll write about.About Content Marketing at CircleCI:
Content Marketing is responsible for telling CircleCI’s story, and engaging our audience of developers, technical leadership, and business leaders with useful, impactful, and targeted content. Content is part of the Communications team within Marketing and coordinates owned and contributed content, brand voice and tone for the company, and crafting assets for both lead generation and brand awareness campaigns. We work closely with the Product Marketing team on launches, the Demand Generation/SEO team on targeting, as well as the Developer Relations team on creating the best technical content possible for our audience.What you’ll do:
- Oversee and produce the best technical content in the software delivery space. The content you produce will enable developers to build, test, and deploy their projects faster and with greater confidence.
- Develop clear paths to connect our technical content together, allowing readers to quickly find solutions to problems and explore resources that are common to the language and/or platform that they develop in.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to generate topic ideas, and oversee progress of technical content through the production pipeline.
- Manage opposing priorities to maintain a steady drumbeat of content
- Craft new technical content ideas with the Developer Relations team, guest authors, and content partners
- Work with our technical editor and our code reviewer to finalize copy
- Handle logistics and administration for our freelance authors.
- Perform SEO research + analysis for blog content/tutorial topics.
- Build net-new content as needed to support go-to-market efforts.
- Collaborate closely with technical editor to update and enforce voice, brand, and style guidelines.
- Discover, pursue, and lead content development for new opportunities with 3rd party publishers.
- Contribute technical review to product launch supporting assets for technical feature releases.
- Maintain and update our evergreen technical content.
- Discover opportunities for new content by using market data and syncing with Developer Relations, Product Marketing, and Product teams.
- Maintain and update our process docs: templates, style guides, etc.
- Learn as much as you can about how CircleCI works, how CircleCI helps teams, and how folks use it in the wild. Use that knowledge to find opportunities for content, as well as to be a technical resource for the marketing team in matters related to our product and our users.
- Manage content metrics and report on the success of programs. Gather data and handle analytics and make recommendations based on those results.
- You’re passionate about technical content and making that content accessible.
- Excellent written communication skills. Our audience is made up of developers; details like grammar matter.
- 2+ years of technical content marketing experience, or equivalent. Technical content at CircleCI is not just tutorials, but it does involve a lot of tutorial content. Specifically, we seek to be in service of our readers by solving common problems and eliminating the potential roadblocks and bottlenecks found in software development.
- Experience pulling, understanding, and acting on content analytics: you enjoy messing around in Google Analytics, SEMRush, and ahrefs, and improving our process based on what you learn.
- Experience working with and handling vendor and contractor relationships.
- Organizational skills. We publish 3-6 pieces of content per week, and there are always many projects in flight at once, with loads of details and boxes to check. Being able to track many moving parts is a requirement.
- Ability to be self-directed and strategic: you can lay out a plan, articulate why that plan will deliver the highest value and impact, and execute.
- Ability to collaborate across teams: you’re someone people will want to work with again and again.
- Excitement about technology. You don’t need a computer science background, but you do need to be very curious and passionate about tech and developer tooling, because you’ll be talking about operating systems, infrastructure, and DevOps day in and day out. Experience in dev tooling is fantastic, but the right curious and inventive person would also succeed in this role.
- Familiarity with DevOps and the application development lifecycle from commit to deploy is a plus.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Level: Mid-Senior Level