Senior Manager, Technical Writing at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:10 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, May 13, 2021
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Role
Do you have a passion for managing and mentoring a team of technical writers? Are you a seasoned technical writer who can translate highly-technical content into product documentation?
We’re searching for a skilled technical writing manager who’s eager to explore innovative technology and launch our customers to rapid success with engaging, informative user assistance written by you and the team of writers you manage.
We’re a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that always strives for excellence and efficiency, while making room for new ideas and creativity.
This opportunity will utilize your aptitude for managing a team and grow your expertise as a leader, including hiring, mentoring, onboarding, retaining talent and supporting growth.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of technical writers to produce high-quality product documentation that uses a consistent voice and tone
- Coach and support the work of experienced writers
- Mentor and guide the work of less experienced writers
- Expand and grow the team -- hiring, onboarding, mentoring, retaining, and supporting their growth and ensuring they’re efforts go toward the highest impact work.
- Take an active role in defining and refining of standard practices and procedures
- Assess content requirements, identify cross-team impacts, and coordinate resources to ensure successful execution
- Work with leadership to set objectives and priorities on an annual and quarterly basis
- Successfully execute on these objectives
- Work to remove impediments to progress and success Advocate for your team to ensure open cross-functional communication lines and visibility into technical writing initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with teams like Customer Support and Customer Success to provide comprehensive solutions for our customers
- Help your team grow and feel supported in their career goals
- Help us shape the direction of our product help
- You can expect to spend about 25% of your time writing and roughly 75% of your time on people & process management for the first year in this role.
- BA in Technical Writing, English or similar; BS in Engineering, Computer Science
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrated experience independently carrying deliverables through the document lifecycle and ability / desire to coach less experienced writers in this process
- Experience writing and managing product documentation deliverables across multiple product areas
- Experience leading strategic, cross-functional team initiatives
Nice to Have's
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience leading remote teams
- Basic understanding of the following technologies: Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, Single sign-on, Windows, macOS and Linux, screen capture software
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $120,000-$145,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description