Senior Editor, Yoga Journal at Pocket Outdoor Media
This position reports to the Brand Director and is part of a cross-platform editorial team that skillfully assigns, edits, and writes posts for the website and features and columns for the magazine related to asana, yoga philosophy, health & wellness, and fitness trends that intersect yoga. We are looking for someone with national magazine editing and writing experience who will also feel at home on a small team. The ideal candidate would have a yoga, meditation, or mindfulness practice and be passionate about bringing well-written, creatively packaged service to an audience estimated at 10 million touchpoints. It is critical that this person has the ability to think through editorial campaigns from digital and social to print to online education and membership platforms.Professional Responsibilities
- Conceive, develop, assign, write and edit articles for print and online
- Oversee product testing and review initiatives
- Top edit freelancers and junior editors
- Collaborate with the art department in conceiving art for print departments and features
- Cut-to-fit and proof/line-edit print pages during print production
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working for a consumer publication.
- Should be organized, able to meet deadlines, and comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously.