As CircleCI’s Senior Copywriter, you will drive the execution of our messaging strategy across CircleCI properties: landing pages, ads, conversion-optimized email, and integrated marketing campaigns. Your words will bring our brand, positioning, and value props to life for our audience of developers, business leaders, current and future employees and investors.
We are looking for an experienced data-driven creative with demonstrated mastery in brand and conversion copywriting. You will heavily influence CircleCI's copy strategy and the translation of corporate messaging pillars into consumable words. We will look to you for leadership and inspiration in the crafting of marketing copy, and you’ll collaborate with our team’s talented copywriter and the Design team’s wonderful UX writer. This role sits on the Content team, and reports to the Director of Content Marketing.About Content/Comms at CircleCI:
Content/Comms is responsible for telling CircleCI’s story across the blog, gated content, and website, and engaging our audience with useful and targeted content. The Content team is part of Content/Comms in Marketing and oversees owned and contributed content, brand voice and tone for the company, and asset creation for both lead generation and brand awareness campaigns. We work closely with the Product Marketing team on launches, the Demand Generation team on targeting, as well as the Developer Relations team on crafting the best technical content possible.What you’ll do:
- Write copy.
- Really, write a lot of copy. You’ll drive the creative direction and write copy for competitive landing pages, page narratives, positioning statements, nurture email sequences, case studies, and high-traffic pages such as our homepage.
- Interpret, create, and enforce brand standards across written materials
- Edit copy from cross-functional teams such as Product Marketing.
- Drive creative on brand campaigns and ads for Demand Gen (when we put up our first billboard ad, you’ll be writing the words that go on it).
- Support GTM efforts with copy and developing external language around product features.
- Support marketing campaigns, events, and initiatives.
- Work with the Web team to run landing page tests and analyze results.
- Partner with the Revenue Marketing team to write emails that convert.
- Maintain content quality and voice standards across all channels.
- Experience writing about highly technical products, and/or eagerness to dive right in and learn all the nitty gritty details.
- Love for writing, editing, and optimizing.
- Experience driving copy strategy in a B2B setting.
- Creativity and excitement around trying new things.
- Equal love of creating from scratch and improving existing copy.
- A balance of blue-sky creativity and data-loving rigor.
- Facility with cross-departmental collaboration and getting cross-team partners on board.
- Ability to lead the marketing organization on communication strategy to most effectively reach our audience at scale.
- Impeccable attention to detail: spelling, grammar, and usage. Our audience is highly technical; details matter.
- Passion for our mission, for technology, and for helping software teams do their best work.
- Experience in the developer tooling space
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a résumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. Send along 3-5 relevant writing samples. If you write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Substack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.