Senior Content Manager, Strategic Events at Zoom Video Communications
Zoom is looking for a content expert for our global flagship event, Zoomtopia. You will help our marketing and product teams create a clear and cohesive narrative across the vertical keynotes and breakout sessions. Most importantly, you will project manage the entire global content strategy.
You are organizationally obsessed and have an acute attention to detail. Nothing gets past you and you aren't afraid to speak up when you see that something can be improved or done more effectively. You have experience managing presenters and experts for large conferences or trade shows, managing complex projects with multiple partners, and distributing content through a variety of channels. You will report to the Creative Manager, Strategic Events.
About the Role
- Facilitate the discussion and decisions around content that strategically align to business goals and thought leadership in key markets and regions.
- Ensure the vision is carried across throughout each session and visually across every presentation. Provide guidance to session leads to ensure key topics, products, and solutions are covered according to defined goals.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to create an annual content distribution plan for pre and post event promotions and communications: blogs, white papers, campaigns, etc.
- Support the creation and cross-departmental distribution of digital materials. Work with the communications, pr, and brand teams to complete blog posts, speaker briefs, press releases and more.
- Recommend best practices and recognize opportunities to reuse, repackage and optimize content to maximize return on our event content investment. Re-purpose global event content throughout the year.
- Partner with the team to ensure essential messaging is aligned throughout global event programming; focus on audience, content experience, and desired outcome.
- Create and execute reports that share findings throughout content development and post-event cycles, parsing out insights from the data.
- Partner with the communications and content teams. Attend team meetings and town halls. You have a pulse on what content and global campaigns are running to keep messaging close to the Zoomtopia team throughout the year.
- Work with Head of Product Marketing and PMM's to ensure topics and messaging throughout are aligned with corporate strategy.
- Put together a process for finding internal and external speakers.
- Create the global session agenda, run of show, ensure diverse speaker representation, and session prioritization.
- Build CFP voting system and manage CMS.
- Oversee the creation of all speaker decks and upload management within Cvent.
- Oversee and manage agencies including development, project management of global programming, run of show and content agenda process.
- 8+ years of experience leading cohesive content and messaging strategies for sessions, keynotes, marketing programs or corporate messaging for physical and virtual conferences or trade shows.
- Project management experience including the ability to set and drive requirements across multiple teams is required.
- Content management system experience and G Suite knowledge required.
- Skilled at being able to manage multiple workflows simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities, can easily follow up and manage competing priorities all under tight deadlines.
- Ability to see the big picture instead of just the task in front of you, you are intellectually curious, ask questions, think strategically, and react with reason.
- Experience with virtual events.
- Bachelor's degree.
Question: Take a look at Zoomtopia.com and watch some of our content from Zoomtopia 2021. Let us know what you think. What would you improve? What would you keep the same and what would you expand upon?
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram