Principal Tech Writer at Reserve Trust
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:46 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, December 21, 2021
About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
The Principal Tech Writer – Developer Portal is responsible for ensuring that the Reserve Trust Developer Portal documentation is clear, correct, comprehensive, and easy to use. We are looking for a great writer with strong technical proficiencies to help our users succeed with our rapidly evolving B2B payments platform.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering and will partner and collaborate with Product, Compliance and Operations Departments ensuring the successful build and operation of our new platform to scale.
This role is fully remote, and you can work from anywhere in the US.
What You’ll Do:
· Write and organize API documentation and provide content guidance for developer products.
· Stand up and configure a developer portal with input and assistance from engineering.
· Work with product management and engineering to scope documentation requirements.
· Assist with technical documentation for external and internal audiences, such as user guides, release notes, and more.
· Establish documentation processes, set schedules, and determine framework for cross-functional team engagement.
· Establish, with input and assistance from engineering, a set of documentation tools that can serve the speed, quality, and flexibility needs of the organization.
· Work with engineering in an Agile framework to create, review, and publish content in alignment with product release cadences.
· Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the developer community.
· Help create and review product UI text, such as field labels and error messages.
· Collaborate and lead documentation improvement projects across the Product Development team.
· Participate in the hiring process and mentoring of new tech writers.
· Establish and maintain style guides for all relevant documentation.
· 5+ years of relevant experience.
· Experience working with technical products and teams.
· Experience planning, researching, writing, and editing software documentation.
· Passionate about open-source methods and shipping high-quality documentation
· Experience using static site generators and managing docs as code.
· Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills.
· Able to share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
· Communicates effectively.
· Cultivates innovation.
· Tech savvy.
· Business insight.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $100,000-$125,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
The Reserve Trust Company is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Read Full Job Description