Instructional Designer at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 15,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
One of our 10 core values at Evolve is Learn Every Day. As we continue to grow, we are looking for an Instructional Designer to help take our Learning strategy to the next level. In this role, you’ll support the efforts of Evolve’s Learning and Development team by creating scalable learning experiences and content resources, including designing, developing, and deploying eLearning, instructor led training, performance support materials, microlearning, and other blended learning solutions for new and existing Evolvers across the business. You’ll enhance and contribute to Evolve’s learning culture through leveraging adult learning frameworks to develop high-quality, high-impact content while collaborating with business leaders and subject matter experts across multiple functions. We’re looking for a highly motivated individual who is technically savvy, has instructional design experience in iterative and agile learning environments, and is skilled in project management.
What you’ll do
- Design instructional eLearning courses, including writing scripts, instructor guides, creating interactive learning visuals, and producing/editing training videos
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to create and maintain ensure training resources
- Help develop eLearning programs to support our customer-facing teams with self-guided onboarding learning pathways, ongoing education courses and power skills development
- Revamp existing learning content and recreate in an engaging eLearning, blended classroom environment, leveraging Evolve’s LMS and various content authoring tools
- Partner with Training Managers as well as cross-functional stakeholders to lead and facilitate engaging learning opportunities
- Create, maintain, and optimize content to support blended learning solutions (e.g., dynamic learning resources, visual aids, and various multimedia for e-learning).
- Influence the learning culture at Evolve by implementing new and innovative learning experiences that help teammates self-service and digest knowledge more effectively.
- Advance the ongoing improvement of learning curriculum, design standards, resources, processes, and approaches while acting as the advocate for learning to ensure continuous improvement of training and learner outcomes.
What makes you a great fit
- 5+ years of instructional design experience required; learning and training experience in hospitality, travel, or highly seasonal roles strongly preferred
- Experience designing and developing blended learning solutions including e-learning, instructor-led training content, and supporting materials such as audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.
- Proven experience with authoring tools such as Rise360, Storyline, Captivate or equivalent strongly preferred
- Proven success in your ability to design, develop, and deliver training content for adult learners in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exposure to learning management systems (LMS)
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Believe in and embody our 10 Core Values
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with the ability to meet deadlines and the flexibility to pivot based on organizational changes and learner needs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, demonstrating a sense of urgency and ownership
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
For this role our salary range is $60,000 to $70,000, depending on relevant experience.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.