Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix -- for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors (including Sequoia, Forerunner, and Tusk), and following our Series C raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts talented people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building an inclusive, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.
We are seeking a collaborative, enthusiastic Content Writer, who is looking to stretch their writing skills on an in-house team that operates as the internal agency for the Sunday marketing organization. As part of the Creative/Content team, you will collaborate closely with other writers, graphic designers, videographers, and department leaders to create and refine content for the Sunday brand.
In this role, you will generate content to inform, attract, retain, and convert the consumer audience in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment. You will bring a passion for valuable, relevant, and consistent content, as well as an appreciate for the role of content in building brand recognition and driving profitable customer action.
Critical thinking; multitasking; and excellent writing, spelling, and grammar skills are essential to the role. Interest and experience in the home improvement or Lawn and Garden area is a plus.
You’ll Make an Impact By:
- In alignment with business objectives, writing content about a variety of topics for multiple platforms (website, blog, email, direct mail, video scripts, landing pages, etc.)
- Collaborating closely with project stakeholders and team members to brainstorm and develop content ideas
- Writing original headlines and concise body copy to engage the intended audience and capture and keep the attention of readers
- Researching stories and interviewing sources internally and externally
- Editing and proofreading owned and contributed content for accuracy, organization, grammar, mechanics, spelling, and cohesion with brand voice
- Managing time and tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Adhering to established style guides and editorial guidelines
- Following trends in the home industry and helping communicate them in engaging ways
- 3-5 years’ professional writing experience
- A working knowledge of content marketing principles, practices and techniques
- A demonstrated ability to write concise and compelling content for diverse audiences and diverse platforms
- Excellent interviewing, fact-checking and research skills
- An eagle eye for grammatical and spelling errors
- Critical thinking, audience empathy and a keen talent for drawing out the angle in every story
- Ability to self edit and distill information for maximum impact
- A collaborative mindset, active listening skills and a desire to learn and grow
- A high standard and the ability to accept feedback and criticism without ego
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with SEO practices
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as an active member of the team
- Proven follow-through and the ability to communicate with professionalism at all levels inside and outside of the organization
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Flexible remote/in-office work
- Autonomy to make critical decisions that will drive team success
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $109,000
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- Location: Boulder, CO Named best place to live by U.S. News for the past 2 years
An online portfolio of your writing samples or the equivalent is required
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why!. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.