Content Services Specialist I at Vertafore
This position has projects assigned on a daily basis with the focus on business united related material including:
- Conversion of various electronic formats into acceptable HTML as used in our library.
- Mark up documents using the in-house authoring tool.
- Cross proof converted documents and markup prior to release into the library.
- Review material in system.
In addition to the conversion/markup of materials, other requirements include:
- Assist in troubleshooting/problems resolving conversion and/or markup discrepancies.
- May utilize other software for problematic conversions (e.g., Excel, Transit, and Adobe Acrobat).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the QA person, project manager and customer (whether internal or external)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to use prewritten routines or tools to efficiently code the content.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and basic HTML.
- Strong PC literacy, problem solving skills and close attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and office skills
- The ability to work effectively under strict deadlines
- Work is generally closely supervised.
- Customer Focus
Dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer expectations; acts with the customer in mind; maintains effective customer relationships
- Drive for Results
Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing objectives: shows passion for improving delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
We are honest and forthright, keeping our word and commitments.
We demonstrate sound business ethics by protecting proprietary assets and intellectual properties.
We are intolerant of harassment or abuse of employees.
- Big Picture Thinking
We anticipate and meet future customer needs through effective planning that aligns with our vision, goals and strategic initiatives.
We engage in critical, high pay-off strategies and adjust actions and decisions to achieve high gain outcomes.
We develop and use effective strategies and interpersonal skills to influence and guide others toward accomplishment of specific goals and we create and foster continuous learning environment. We act with courage to challenge questionable business practices.
- Creativity and Innovation
We generate novel and valuable ideas to develop new or improved processes, methods, products or services.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
We work cooperatively with others to accomplish Vertafore's objectives.
- Adaptability/Open to Change
We respond to change with a positive attitude and willingness to learn new ways to accomplish objectives.
We understand linkages between job responsibilities and overall organization goals and needs.
We take ownership for personal decisions and actions.
We set standards for ownership and accountability for team members.
- Good Judgment
We make decisions authoritatively and wisely, after adequately contemplating various available courses.
Some college preferred.
Experience1-2 years experience.