Content Designer at Vertafore
As a Content Designer, you will be a key contributor in improving the overall user experience of hundreds of thousands of insurance providers and consumers. You will partner with the other XD team members, Product Managers, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to identify content problems and support useful, usable and innovative design solutions through content.
You will be part of a highly visible and growing team of experienced designers who focus on creating user-centered designs grounded in research. Our team thrives on cross-functional collaboration and connecting one-on-one with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their needs. Insurance is complicated, but we believe its software doesn't have to be!
At Vertafore, we value diverse perspectives, perpetual learning, and continuous improvement. Each day we bring an open mind, a willingness to give and receive feedback, and a dedication to creating quality user experiences. Our Product Development teams solve problems with a strong customer focus and collaborate in an open, inquisitive, and positive manner. As creative technologists, we see the beauty of humanity in each other and therefore show respect for ourselves and those around us. This allows us to show up for our team and take risks, knowing it's okay to fail.
We regularly engage in coaching, mentoring, agile ceremonies, and fun team activities. We endeavor to do things in new ways that add value to our world. All of these factors create a Product Development environment that is fun, collaborative, and innovative. This is highlighted by our quality delivery, happy customers, and diverse, highly empowered team with career mobility.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
• Collaborate with team members to create well-considered, quality content for complex issues and systems.
• Participate in product definition discussions with Product Managers and Product Owners in order to identify assumptions and clear, concise, and comprehensive goals.
• Balance industry best practices with new ideas / concepts, following best practices for designing content for enterprise desktop, web, and mobile applications.
• Partner with team members to design content as a part of our standards and design system.
• Participate in design studios, design critiques and other design ideation activities.
• Build amicable, productive, trusting relationships with partners and team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• You're a self-starter and a clear communicator who asks a lot of questions.
• You are a strong writer, with experience writing for web-based tools and applications.
• You have a good grasp of the theories, concepts, principles, and patterns of user-centered design.
• You thrive on working as a part of a collaborative team, both giving and receiving feedback.
• You are familiar with web and mobile standards and best practices including content-first, mobile-first, responsive design, and accessibility.
• You are able to contribute to 2 projects (at various stages) concurrently, meet deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced agile environment.
• You clearly and concisely communicate ideas, perspectives and solutions in a diplomatic and persuasive manner.
• You balance passion for your craft with a dedication to on-time, on-target delivery of quality work.
· You have 1–2 years of professional or educational experience writing digital content in an agency or software setting.
· You have a compelling portfolio that showcases your writing skills.
· You demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
· You are adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Your working style demonstrates respect, initiative, ownership, transparency, and accountability.
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.