Assistant Manager - Magazine Content at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role:
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to help oversee the design and layout process for our print magazine. The magazine team creates 93 magazines each month that are sent our members across the country, by creating layouts and ads that are market-specific, while contributing to additional web content projects.
Who you are:
- Expert design skills: You have expert knowledge of the common design tools (such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Figma) and are willing to learn new tools.
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done, but you get the right things done first and are comfortable working at scale.
- Excellent communicator: You can clearly communicate in various forms and can provide helpful feedback to the team.
- High ownership: You can work independently or within the team to make sure all deadlines are met.
- High initiative: You are an ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Innovative: You are constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for making thoughtful, beautiful, and error proof magazine layouts and ads.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager to make sure all deadlines are met.
- Help Senior Manager manage staff responsibility and staff outcome through tracking.
- Work with staff 1:1 if anyone is struggling with processes.
- Coordinate working with teams outside the normal workflow.
- Be a backup for any team member that is out of office.
- Become proficient in Naviga and Naviga Plan. Which includes documenting processes, troubleshooting, and designing ads.
Skills and experience needed for success:
- 5+ years designing experience for print
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Proficient in providing design direction to other designers
- Skilled in participating and leading team meetings and critiques
- Proficient in all common design tools like Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Figma are a must as well as workflow tools such as Monday.
- Proficient in Newscycle software
- Ability to move fast and explore many ideas at once, while working diligently and meeting deadlines
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $45,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Generous paid time off policy
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world