Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
Often programmers are good at creating API frameworks and testing. But you can bridge the gap between the endpoints and the reference documentation connecting them. You are a technical advocate that loves to work with developer communities and build an engaged integrated product from the UI to the API to the open source development options. You want to inspire our customers to develop and contribute to the future growth of the Automox platform.
YOU WILL: Help us build a world-class API reference that supports our expanding API ecosystem by creating:
- Reference docs with code examples, classes, endpoints and responses
- Non-reference materials that provide introductory help to your API along with task-based steps of integration
- Five years experience in front end development and UI architecture, at least 2 years experience with Microsoft development environments and comfort with backend tools for supporting API doc publication
- Five or more years of API tech documentation for a DevOps, IT or other related software as a service
- Bachelor or Master's in programming, engineering, english, related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience)
- Technical abilities: CSS, HTML, Middleman, Unix, GitHub, Bitbucket, Swagger, Postman, Slate, Markdown
- Background as a system administrator or tier III technical support engineer preferred
- Excellent ability with project management tools and SDLC, JIRA
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Experience with supporting adoption of document driven development
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven teamwork skills
- Ability to actively listen to others
- Ability to work with multiple priorities
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full time permanent employees.
BENEFITS: Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
PARENTAL BENEFITS: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
TIME OFF: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
PERKS: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
SALARY: Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range. $80,000 - $130,000
BONUS: All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
EQUITY: We’re all in this together and everyone should have a stake in the company which is why all employees receive stock options.
WHY AUTOMOX We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.