As a Account Executive you will be responsible for making connections with Publishers that are not currently working with Sovrn through direct outreach, cold calls, inbound leads, and marketing qualified leads. The role requires daily outreach to publishers. Publisher Advocates are responsible for building relationships by advocating for them, having a voice in our online community and encouraging learning and connections between like-minded publishers.
- Recruit new publishers and develop new business opportunities and strategies with them.
- Take time to understand the Publishers’ overarching goals, both advertising and non-advertising, and identify ways that we can help them achieve those goals.
- Manage your sales funnel from prospecting to optimization of accounts .
- Work with publishers to help optimize their account needs and provide basic account management expertise once onboarded.
- Educate potential publishers on sovrn’s mission, industry shifts, and the benefits of our products.
- Schedule daily phone meetings with prospective publishers
- Introduce new ad products to new and existing publishers
- Cultivate knowledge of the digital advertising landscape, from programmatic and RTB campaigns to Private Marketplaces.
- Must be accountable on a daily basis in regards to activity and numbers/goals.
- Stay up to date on industry trends through personal research and initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent prospecting and closing skills demonstrated through a proven track record of closing and growing business
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and posses great phone presence to quickly establish rapport with stakeholders
- Knowledge/Experience in ad serving or other advertising technology systems a plus.
- Internet savvy and strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Confluence/JIRA)
- Basic SFDC knowledge ie. creating different views, dashboards, and reports
- Ability to utilize tools such as Linkedin, and other social media outlets
- Ability to quickly build a trusting rapport with all levels of an organization
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Must pay high attention to detail; listen and understand needs of partners to provide the appropriate long term solution
- Ability to manage multiple clients, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Position Reports to: Director, Account Management