TIDAL was founded for artists by artists as the next innovative streaming platform to bring value back to the music industry. We empower artists with the products, resources, services, and content required to take control of their careers and connect more deeply with fans. Available in over 60+ countries, TIDAL continues to help artists break down economic barriers to continue creating what's next in culture. TIDAL is part of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ), a global technology company with a focus on financial services.
We are looking for a Content Designer to join our growing design team. You will partner with product designers, product managers, researchers, and engineering and legal to increase usability and ease of use across our products. As the founding member of the Content Design team, you will also help to build processes and ways of working for the discipline.
As a senior-level Content Designer at TIDAL, you will drive content design execution for TIDAL's highest priorities, both focusing on guidelines for how we talk to our users but as well system design and taxonomies to drive how we architect our Products.
- Help the Product Design team become more efficient by developing processes and workflows for collaborating with Content Designers.
- Drive best practices for Content Design in collaboration with our design team
- Provide guidance and build guidelines for content on our Products
- Design taxonomies and drive information architecture decisions for your Product Area
- Apply metrics, data, design research, usability testing, customer support insights, and more to inform content and language decisions.
- Manage and prioritize your workload of multiple projects with different collaborators.
- 7+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio with examples of previous Content Design work specifically showing how you improved user experience through language, from interface copy, to style guides, taxonomies, and beyond.
- Experience being embedded in a product design team with whom you collaborate.
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging solutions
- A natural understanding of the end-to-end design process - from identifying customer needs, jobs-to-be-done and pain points to delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Ability to connect the dots across the entire customer ecosystem both on and off our products
- Strong attention to detail with regard to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Comfortable providing feedback on UI/UX designs, asking thoughtful questions about product strategy, and applying learnings from quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience writing for Customer facing products
- Experience creating copy guidelines, working with design systems
- Familiarity with accessibility standards
Please submit a deck or portfolio of work with your application that showcases your design process from exploratory stages through execution. If your portfolio site requires a password, please provide us with it in your application or on your resume. Thank you!
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location's zone designation, please refer to this resource . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.