Channel Development Representative
Channel Development Representative
● Responsible for the day-to-day sales support and customer service activities for assigned accounts, territory, or product(s). Focuses on growing and developing new business; proactively calls and engages partners to grow sales for assigned accounts and rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships with Arrow customers. This position will call on customers; provide product information, and follow-up on quotes to close business for Arrow. Identifies, enables and develops high-potential and non-repeat partners. Determines and understands customers’ requirements for Arrow product offerings and services. Translates products and promotions into benefits for a customer. Provides alternative products and solutions. Serves as a liaison between Arrow’s internal resources (field sales, engineering, supplier marketing, manufacturing facilities, purchasing and other corporate departments), vendor resources and customers. Demonstrates a proactive approach and sense of urgency on our customers’ behalf, anticipates our customers’ requirements and communicates efforts in a timely and effective manner.
● Demand Generation and Customer Opportunity Support: Drives sales growth through new customer rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships. Focuses on growing and developing new business; proactively calls and engages partners to grow sales for assigned accounts. Identifies, enables and develops high-potential and non-repeat partners. Generates leads and follows-up on leads obtained through suppliers and Arrow internal sources. Qualifies prospects, analyzes sales potential, and then prioritizes high-return opportunities for further attention/investment.
● Leverages Arrow and vendor programs and promotions to progress a transaction through the sales cycle. Manages vendor special pricing programs including; submissions for pricing request and any data or program dependencies, tracking requests for approval, logging of all submissions and results, and notification to the customers of any outstanding or expiring requests. Involves other resources (field, brand, engineering, financing, vendor, etc) to address issues. May use resources such as salesforce.com to accomplish job duties.
● Quote and Order Preparation: Processes quotes for specified customers and/or quote revisions for mass price changes, program changes or part changes. Prepare orders, from quote work if applicable, for submission based on receipt of the customers’ purchase orders ensuring that all required information for accurate processing is included.
● Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
● Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
● Works independently; receives minimal guidance
● Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
● Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
● Contributes to process improvements
● Typically resolves problems using existing solutions
● Provides informal guidance to junior staff
● Works with minimal guidance
Experience / Education
Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
What is in it for you?
Training Skills development Performance coaching Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more. Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology. Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Arrow
Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing