We believe that employees are people, not ID numbers. That’s why we’ve reimagined the most complicated, impersonal business tasks that employers face and created one simple and delightful service. Payroll, benefits, and HR like you’ve never seen before.
We were recently voted the #1 place to work in San Francisco. To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, and benefits, visit gusto.com/careers.
Our internship role blends learning with impact. Interns take ownership of impactful projects from day one, and the learning never ceases from there. You'll influence the initial specs for the feature, build/modify the backend APIs (mostly Rails), write the front-end code that consumes said APIs (mostly Backbone.js and React.js), and be responsible for ongoing improvements once the feature is deployed.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine the Gusto platform
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
- Work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Be surrounded by individuals who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Rising Senior (class of 2018)
- Passion for creating memorable experiences for customers
- Interest in technologies such as Coffeescript, Backbone.js, React.js, Ruby, and Rails
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
Here's more about the team with a few highlights from our engineering blog:
- Interning at Gusto
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals
- Our Principles and Values
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.