We believe that employees are people, not ID numbers. That’s why we’ve reimagined the most complicated, impersonal business tasks that employers face and created one simple and delightful service. Payroll, benefits, and HR like you’ve never seen before.
We were recently voted the #1 place to work in San Francisco. To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, and benefits, visit gusto.com/careers.
We are seeking folks who are passionate about fighting fraud while delivering a world-class customer experience. As a member of the Risk Operations team, you will act as fraud-fighting detective and be responsible for helping to make Gusto the safest and most secure payroll solution.
Risk Operations is at the core of our business and our team is a key stakeholder in company decisions and operations. We currently process +$10bn of payroll annually, but with your help, we will process more in a safe and sustainable way. We are a small, close, fun group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Hunt fraudsters. You are our internal police force - prevent the bad guys from abusing our system by reviewing, monitoring and investigating new accounts and suspicious activity.
- Solve puzzles. Fraud is a complicated puzzle to solve. Come up with innovative methods to identify trends, patterns, and ultimately, catch the bad guys. Who doesn’t love a good caper?
- Operate cutting-edge tools. Scope and drive continual enhancements to our systems and processes to identify and eliminate fraudulent activity.
- Work closely with key stakeholders. Work cross-functionally with internal teams, our customers, and external partners (including banks, law enforcement, etc.)
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. 1-3 years of experience in fraud prevention, detection and/or investigation. Bonus if in the banking or payments industry.
- Thought Process. An insatiable appetite for problem solving, knack for structured thinking, ability to spot unusual patterns, and sharp attention to detail.
- Values. Driven by a strong moral compass, is objective yet compassionate, and does the right thing every time.
- Discipline. Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Is extremely process and policy oriented.
- Attitude. Goal-oriented, positive, and proactive. Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment. Communicates well with others.
- Background. Minimum four year accredited university/college degree.
Brownie points for:
- Experience or training in forensic accounting
- Professional certifications (CFE)
- Payroll industry experience
- B.S. in Math, Statistics, Economics or Accounting/Finance and/or relevant experience. Strong Excel skills and a passion for large data sets.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.