Vice President Legal - Corporate Securities and Governance
At Skillsoft, we propel organizations and people to grow together through transformative learning experiences. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. Join us in our quest to transform learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
Vice President Legal - Corporate Securities and Governance
Skillsoft is seeking an experienced and motivated senior level attorney to join our growing in-house legal team.
This role will provide legal support for our global entities under the direction of the Chief Legal Officer, in addition to working closely with the finance team (CFO, CAO), the Board of Directors and the Executive Leadership Team. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of relevant corporate experience at a law firm or a publicly traded company. Ideally, this attorney will be based in our Denver, Colorado Office. We have a hybrid work environment and will consider remote with travel to Denver required as well.
- Support the preparation of securities filings (e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, and proxy statement) and securities-related legal documentation for M&A transactions, with outside counsel support as needed.
- Support Chief Legal Officer in advising the board of directors on corporate governance and improving board processes and practices, including the preparation of board materials, minutes, and governance policy updates.
- Provide legal support on business development transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and other investments. This includes support of due diligence, transaction negotiation and drafting, and ongoing post-closing legal and integration support, as needed.
- Support statutory, regulatory, listing agency (NYSE) corporate governance and industry-standard requirements and functional department support.
- Keep current on applicable laws, regulations, and enforcement actions to identify emerging trends and risks; keep senior management informed of trends and risks; with chief responsibility for drafting and implementing related policies, procedures, and training programs as needed.
- Create business-oriented legal reports and correspondence and effectively present legal information to senior management and the board as requested.
- Advise management and/or the Stock Plan Administrator on executive compensation issues and matters related to the Company's equity compensation plans.
- Advising and counseling senior executives to verify corporate compliance in areas affecting the business, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- J.D. from an accredited law school and qualified to practice law in Colorado
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in a law firm and/or in-house, preferably in corporate securities, M&A, investor relations, executive compensation, capital and debt financing, and corporate governance.
- Ability to provide legal advice clearly and confidently, strong commercial instincts and the ability to quickly win confidence and trust.
- In-house legal experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate and securities law for public companies, particularly disclosure requirement, periodic filing review, and related ’34 Act-related matters.
- Experience reviewing earnings press releases and other public disclosures.
- Experience managing the lifecycle of corporate subsidiaries on a global scale.
- Experience drafting proxy statements and managing annual meetings of shareholders.
- Ability to multitask with great attention to detail and a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines within a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Team player with the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to foster good business relationships (internally and externally).
Target base salary $225k annualized plus bonus and full benefits.
WE ARE PASSIONATELY COMMITTED TO LEADERSHIP, LEARNING, AND SUCCESS. WE EMBRACE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS AND EACH OTHER AS:
- ONE TEAM
- OPEN AND RESPECTFUL
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft is partner to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft (US) Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.