University Graduate Hire - Software & QA Engineer
Organizations count on NetApp for cutting-edge ways to store, manage, move and protect their data. And we never let them down. Continually breaking new ground is norm here. We make sure of it with an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh thinking. Right from day one, we’ll encourage you to share your views, challenge opinions and push boundaries. And thanks to mentoring and leadership programs that help you build on your personal and professional passions, you’ll develop your skills as fast as your ideas.
The SolidFire team at NetApp is building storage for the next generation data center and is integral to the success of our Product Operations team. As an engineer at SolidFire you will work on technology that matters across a range of career opportunities. This could be working in the core team to help us design and develop products/solutions that help customers build next generation cloud infrastructures, building automation and dashboards to provide point in time information on test execution, or working with our data analytics team to generate meaningful insights that help us better understand our customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet project goals and high quality standards
- Knowledge and experience in specific areas of engineering
- Proven aptitude for learning new technologies
- Proficient in technology and development
- Familiarity of basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Follow standard engineering principles and practice
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
We invest heavily in new talent. Your energy and fresh ideas are vital to cementing our position as a market-leader. We’ll push you beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off limits. At the same time, you’ll have all the resources, mentoring and feedback you need to grow. What’s more, whatever your role, you can be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes different perspectives.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Responsible for a mix of structured and unstructured tasks
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems
- May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts
- Interact primarily with direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within the Business Unit as required
- General direction is provided on routine work and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments. There will be on-going reviews of activities and priorities
- Participate as an important contributor to team projects
Must have graduated within the past 18 months or will graduate in May/June 2018 with a Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Job Segment: QA Engineer, Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology